Avondale Pre-K students at The Gardens
Recently, Avondale Pre-K students came to The Gardens for a Discovery Backpack trip! You can take advantage of this free educational opportunity, too! Visit www.bbgardens.org/fieldtrips to learn more!
Preschool teachers can get their students involved at The Gardens. Teachers check out a free Discovery Backpack complete with a teacher guide (designed by educators) and materials you will need to lead your students on a field trip at Birmingham Botanical Gardens as they discover life science concepts related to plants and the environment. Correlated with curriculum.
Available year round | Monday-Friday | Free |
Contact 205.414.3953 to reserve your activity.
Preschool Discovery Backpack
Visit Southern Living Garden throughout the seasons exploring through the senses.
• Based on the Alabama Performance Standards for 4 year olds.
• Explore seasons at The Gardens through color, texture, scent, and sound.
• Identify The Gardens as home for plants and animals.
• Use a magnifier to investigate.
• Exercise skills for science including observation and communication.