10 REASONS WHY ANTIQUES ARE A SMART BUY FOR the YOUNG AND YOUNG AT HEART
1. Save money. Really live better.
Antiques are often reasonably priced and can be found in any price range.
2. Buying local does not just apply to tomatoes and kohlrabi.
When you buy an antique, you are supporting a small, locally owned business.
3. George Washington did not sit in your La-Z-Boy.
Antiques are tangible pieces of history.
4. There is no such thing as a McBlanket Chest.
Antiques are unique and offer nearly endless variety.
5. 100% post-consumer content.
Antiques are the most environmentally responsible choic for home decorating.
6. There are enough ten-year-old Futons on Craig’s List.
Antiques retain significant resale value.
7. No allen wrench required.
Antiques offer solid, quality construction, and durability.
8. Industrial cable spools and pilfered Milk crates do not constitute a living room suite.
Antiques are stylish, and can accommodate anyone’s decorating tastes.
9. Forty cents per hour was a fair wage in 1940, not 2010.
Antiques are socially responsible—none are made in sweatshops.
10. If it’s not Scottish, it’s crap!
Antiques can be a source of ancestral or regional pride.
Courtesy of The Young Collectors at Maine Antique Digest.
Learn more about Antiques at The Gardens here.
Purchase First Look Tickets here.
Purchase Red Diamond Lecture Series tickets, featuring Charlotte Moss, here.
Purchase General Admission tickets to the event here.
Read our conversation with renowned interior designer and philanthropist, Charlotte Moss, here.